Some Derry Hill Anglican church records are on IGI Batch no.s:
C057951 & M057951
Derry Hill was created an ecclesiastical parish in 1842. Pewsham was a part
of the parish (even though it is now dominated by a large housing estate,
making it an extension of Chippenham).
Derry Hill is on the eastern side of Chippenham on the main A4 road to Calne.
It is dominated by the large estate of Bowood owned by the Marquess of
Derry Hill also has a Strict Baptist Chapel called ‘Little Zoar’ Chapel and it was
built in 1814. The names of the people applying for the certificate of worship
were mainly from the Wiltshire & Panting families. This old chapel is near the
Studley crossroads by the village hall. Unfortunately, we are currently unable
to have permission to view & transcribe the records for this church.
There was also a Primitive Methodist chapel in another part of the village (down
the hill, back towards Chippenham, from the Lansdowne Arms Inn), built in 1837
and now a private house.
When the housing estate was built in Pewsham in the 1980s, the roads were largely
named after people from Chippenham who died on active service during the two
World Wars. The document below is still not yet verified by the County Council
from their original list but should give you an idea of those who have been
commemorated in this way.