Chippenham has 3 Anglican churches within its boundaries. The original Parish
Church of the town was St. Andrew’s; an ancient church building at the top of the
town in the Market Place. Most of this church’s baptisms & marriages are on IGI
St. Peter’s church is on the west side of Chippenham in Lord’s Mead. It was
originally built in 1886 in Lowden as a chapel of ease for that part of the town.
The church building is still there near the railway arch and is now used by the
New Testament Church of God. The church of St. Peter’s relocated to its present
site in 1968 and is distinctive because of its modern building.
Batch numbers: C059141, C059142, M059141 & M059142
The church did not have its own parish until 1954 so earlier records for the church
Are included in those for St. Andrew’s Chippenham